Aqua panel or plaster board

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Starting bathrom refit soon and have a few questions. I will be removing old plaster and either aqua paneling the shower area and plaster boarding the rest using dot/dab method. I have considered doing the whole bathroom in aqua panel but dont like the idea of loosing the space for the battens. Is it ok to tile (travertine)directly onto plaster board rather than having it skimmed and is there any alternative to using wooden battens to fix aqua panel that take up less space, I'm sure I read somewhere that someone used plaster board adhesive with screws added for strength but I can't find the post.

Sponsored Links
Take a look at this thread;

//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=130350

There are a number of similar threads on the site which you can search for. The suggestion is that aquapanel can be dot and dabbed alongside using fixing screws to the wall//surface which would prevent you losing the 'space' the battens take up.

I've always used battens so I don't know how good the idea of dot and dab and screws are for aquapanel.

The experts on here will soon tell you - either that or it will re-open the debate!!!

:D

Plasterboard around the shower area and tank it. Not only will it be cheaper, it will give you a waterproof barrier whereas the Aquapanel will only give you a water resistant barrier.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back