Quick-Drying Wood Primer & Undercoat, Any good?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys I have been told by a friend who works at B&Q paint and decorating department that this is very good and would reduce the need to prime and then undercoat seperately. Can anyone give me an idea as to how good it really is.

The window frames I am painting were stripped bare and are free from any paint

thanks

Sponsored Links
If this is a water-based Acrylic, them yes, it is quick and easy, and has little smell.

However it is not durable enough for outdoor work.

Window frames need more care, more thorough preparation and better products than anything else you might ever paint.

My preference is for Aluminium Wood Primer on such, it has excellent adhesion and protection, and stands up to hot sun, and also seals knots and resin pockets (which bleed worse in sun). Others will have different opinions.

hi I have used the dulux version of this and its very good, they even have one for difficult surfaces

Sponsored Links
Only thing I would add is - according to Dulux - this product is ok for exterior use as well. I posted this very question some time ago (exterior usage) and it seemed to cause some debate between the usual guys on here.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back