Join garage to house

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all :D

Thought I'd run this one by you for some thoughts:

I have a detached garage that sits at about 30 degrees to the house. The front of the garage is about 1m away from the front corner of the house.

I'm looking to cover the triangular area between the garage and the house and add door access from the house into this area. The official line is that it's to add a utility room outside the kitchen, although I'll be getting a bigger garage at the same time ;)

I'm considering a single skin brick wall (same as garage construction) joining the garage to the house front and rear, with a flat roof on top. The bottom of the existing house-side garage wall could be removed and the garage roof supported with the necessary steel work. The garage door would become about 2 or 3 foot wider and the floor space would become like a triangle with the main point cut off.

Does that sound feasible ? Any other options recommended?

I understand its difficult to visual from the explanation but all constructive comments are appreciated. :D

Cheers,

P.J.

Sponsored Links
P.J. said:
Does that sound feasible ? Any other options recommended
Sounds okay but what I will say you need to follow the building regulation, pop down to your building control with a rough drawing & they will advise what need to be done. They will be very helpful. You might need a footing with a double wall etc. If you sell your property without following the building reg, you may find you have to convert it back, I know this goes on all the time but thought I should pointed it out first.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back