BAXI System 35/60 problem and question!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, these might seem daft questions but here we go anyway !!

I've been living at my house for a few years now and had problems every now and again with the flame failure on my combi. its ok if i reset it and if i fiddle with the water pressure that normally sorts it out for a few days, but wondered if it could be anything in particular ??

Also this probably sounds daft but i have no idea how the hot water in my house works !! we seem to have both a combi boiler and a storage cylinder. the combi is set to both water and central heating but the water light is off. we have hot water in the radiators quickly after it is turned on but not instant hot water in the taps.

Should the boiler be turned off or bypassed somehow ?
I thought i shouldnt need a cylinder with a combi boiler??

thanks!!!

Sponsored Links
Hi all, these might seem daft questions but here we go anyway !!

I've been living at my house for a few years now and had problems every now and again with the flame failure on my combi. its ok if i reset it and if i fiddle with the water pressure that normally sorts it out for a few days, but wondered if it could be anything in particular ??

Also this probably sounds daft but i have no idea how the hot water in my house works !! we seem to have both a combi boiler and a storage cylinder. the combi is set to both water and central heating but the water light is off. we have hot water in the radiators quickly after it is turned on but not instant hot water in the taps.

Should the boiler be turned off or bypassed somehow ?
I thought i shouldnt need a cylinder with a combi boiler??

Help!!!

I don't think you have a combi, a system boiler is usually a heat only boiler with a 'Sealed system' kit fitted.

what do you mean by fiddle with the pressure?

Count the pipes under the boiler.

Usually six under a combi and four under a system boiler!

You could well have a combi and a cylinder.

Tony

Sponsored Links
System 35/60 is definitely not a combi! Yes you need a hot water cylinder. The 'tap dial' on your boiler does nothing! (it is used on other 'badged' system boiler for calibration purposes)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back