fitting door under the stairs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Guys

the acces under my stairs is from the kitchen at the moment. I am planning on blocking this up so i can fit units all round. What I want to do is knock the brick wall through in the hall and fit a 600mm wide small door the width of the wall at the moment is about 900mm wide.

I need as many tips as possible as I am not sure where to start.

Thanks in advance

Ste

Sponsored Links
Cut the opening, fix the casing and then hang the door!

If you are just left with a tiny bit of wall after cutting the opening, then may be better to knock it all out and construct a timber stud partition.

The stairs will stay up so no need for a lintel - but check first

Cheers Woody

That was one of my concerns if I would need to fit lintel. When you say if there is only a bit of wall then knock it down and build a stud partition. What do you class as a bit?????

Cheers

Sponsored Links
A bit, is a bit that wobbles about after you have cut the rest of it away, or will cause more work in trying to connect to it, than there would be if you just built a new section

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back