solum/dpm help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there

I would be really grateful for some advice on the following - I am about to do the solum on my new build house (it has joists rather than a concrete floor). Anyway, there are a number of support walls and was wondering how best to lay the dpm - I will struggle to get it down in one piece and therefore can it be taped/joined where it overlaps underneath the dpc?

regards

Tim

Sponsored Links
You don't have a DPM with a suspended floor.

You either have a DPC on the walls below the wallplate which is below the joists, or below the concrete beams if it's beam and block

my architect and building control say there is a 1200 gauge dpm underneath the solum which laps up below the dpc.

Sponsored Links
What type of ground floor construction is this?

Is it ventilated?

And are we talking about the same thing in terms of the "solum". This is not a common term in building (is it a regional thing?), but generally this is the land under the house, so I can't understand why a DPM is required under the ground

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back