Damp course

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I live in a semi detached house. Each 2 houses in my row is about a foot lower than the next 2 so they go down in a kind of step down my street.

Inbetween my house and the next house is a metre wide alley and I live lower than the next house. The ground in the alley is basicly set to the higher neighbour resulting is the ground being over my damp course. The front and back of the house is fine and the course is about 6 inches higher than ground level.

Basicly I want to know if this is ok? as its hard to dig out the ground. Now it looks like this has always been the way and I cannot understand why it would have been built like this if it wasent right.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks. Shaun

P.S the house was built in the seventees and as the new owner I do not know of any serious damp problems. Looks like there has been some previous damp in one corner but a damp report came up as being all ok.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back