Price for tiling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My bathroom is almost ready for tiling out, but I am getting nervous of my (in)ability to make a decent job of this. Can you advise me how much money I should expect to pay a Pro'. The total area is about 17 sq yd. I don't want to ask for quotes if its going to be way outside what I can afford.

Sponsored Links
It's always difficult to give an idea of price without seeing a job,a standard layout,1 window,1 door,not too many fiddly cuts,walls in good condition,ceramics tiles of med size say 200x250mm I would be looking at £450-£500 and take about 3-4 days all grout and adhesive included in price.Please bear in mind there are many variables to consider.

i work on sqm not sq yard, 4 days for that job seems a little excessive unless your tiling 5cm x 5cm tiles not on a sheet :LOL:

Sponsored Links
i work on sqm not sq yard, 4 days for that job seems a little excessive unless your tiling 5cm x 5cm tiles not on a sheet :LOL:

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: Day four is only a buffer incase of unforseen problems ;)

Lance, you're a bit cheap IMO - you need to be charging at least £150 a day plus materials.

I have been told this before (that I'm cheap ;) ),I only normally do a 7 hour day as have to work around wife's job and the kids,based on about £120 a day plus materials.I know a lot of guys round my area are not getting the work so I'm happy to get a little less and be working all the time ;)

Thanks guys, at least I now know that i cannot afford a Pro' to do the work. Saves wasting thier time asking for quotes. I shall start a new thread asking about tile cutters.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back