Rendering a pebbledash wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
A piece of peebledash plaster (size of a football)has come off my front outside bay window wall leaving the bare brick work. I had a look at the wall and there is other patches that are about to come off near the bay window.
I did get a quote from a builder who's doing other work at another house in the street. He's quoted me £350 to re-render it with peeble dash.
I did a plastering course two years ago. Can someone please tell me what I need to do to fix this including the prep work to what I need to get and the mixture. This weekend is going to be good weather (so they say) and I'm hoping to do it myself.

Sponsored Links
I would accept the builder's quote of £350.00 and let him do the job. I can't see you doing the rendering/pebbledash yourself, even if you have been on a plastering course...... You are asking for someone/anyone to tell you what needs to be done to fix the problem,,, including prep work,,, what materials you need to do the job with,,, and the mix required.... :confused: Sorry Superted, and I don't mean to be rotten when I say this, but if you don't have the knowledge for the basics, there's no way you'd do the job properly on your own. ;)

Roughcaster.

Come on then Roughcaster...

Just for the hell of it fill us in on the details!

My entire house is PD and I want to render the whole thing, so you'll be killing 2 birds with one stone by answering his query!

:cool:

This subject has been covered quite a few times in the past, from patching render/roughcast, preparation of walls/surfaces, scratch-coating, top-coat, finishes, sand/cement mixes, including additives, plus the materials needed to do the job, If you look back through the pages, it's all in there. ;)

Roughcaster.

Sponsored Links
In the words of Scully and Mulder "The answers are out there" ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back