glazing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Over the weekend I am putting in an external door which has fifteen glass panels, I am wondering what would be the best product to use by way of a sealant for the glass when putting the glass in. The door is externally beaded. I was wondering about a silicone sealant or mastic or something like flexibond or flexistrip, but I don;t know where i could buy the latter two products, anyone know what would be best ?:cool:

Sponsored Links
I was after opinions for the better product, not sarcasm well done woody you've excelled again!! :rolleyes: Cheers gregers, I'll probably go for the tape

Sponsored Links
Er hang on ..... one post says "silicone" and one says "tape".

One poster gets scorned, the other praised

What frequency are you on and I'll try and tune in?

You may find that tape is the least suitable for several reasons. But don't ask me to tell you as I will be inclined to be a bit sarcastic and you won't like it. BTW, don't forget to wipe the carpet hairs off the dummy :rolleyes:

id like to know why you think tape is unsuitable woody?
i was assuming that as the o.p said the doors are externally beaded then i wouldve thought that using the tape would be the most secure thing to do?

and the reason why i wouldnt use silicone is i had my knuckles wrapped by the painters at work for using it,because the paint would adhere to the silicone,or was it because i smeared it all over the woodwork :LOL:

Er hang on ..... one post says "silicone" and one says "tape".

One poster gets scorned, the other praised

What frequency are you on and I'll try and tune in?

You may find that tape is the least suitable for several reasons. But don't ask me to tell you as I will be inclined to be a bit sarcastic and you won't like it. BTW, don't forget to wipe the carpet hairs off the dummy :rolleyes:

O.K was a bit sensitive that day, i,ve put my dummy back in the pram. :LOL:

I am a glazier and i would not use tape, i would use silicone or putty and i would not of got an external glazed door.

External glazed :eek:

Have you fitted it the right way round :LOL:

No seriously are the pains single glazed or units as if they are units do not use putty but a butyl tape or butyl from a tub and then silicon low mod round the perimeter of the unit,then butyl tape on the bead. could also use this method on single if you wanted.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back