glass bricks

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I reside in a terrace house, as you walk in the front door the stairs are directly in front of you and the bathroom is directly above your head. What I want to do is "Picture this" when you walk down our stairs if you look up there is a stud wall which is the bathroom wall, what I want to do is build obscured glass bricks into this wall to allow light to flow into the stairwell as the only source of light into this area is from the front door which also has obscured glass.

What I don't know is whether there are any building regs relating to this subject, anybody got any idea's.

Sponsored Links
imo providing the stud dosn;t support anything and the glass bricks are secure then i see no problem. But im not sure on sound insulation, also glass walls can be fire resistance if built a certain way.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back