Primatic Heating System

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm running a Primatic System and have just relocated the boiler everything is OK but I'm not getting bathroom Towel rail hot.

This is fed from the Flow and return pipes for the Hot water side of the boiler, I think the problem is the gravity feed and need to know if I can fit a Pump to this side of the System and run it off the hot water Thermostat.

Any ideas??

Sponsored Links
hope you used a RGI to move boiler (assuming its gas)
and no you cant pump the primaries on a primatic cylinder, but you may be able to change the towel rail from hot water side to radiator circuit - it would then be pumped, but not on with the hot water (summer operation)

Try just boiling it up it maybe an air lock if its off the primary.
Primatics can be made fully pumped (you don`t see many though) but it would prob be too much of an alteration to existing pipework

Sponsored Links
Primatics can be made fully pumped (you don`t see many though) but it would prob be too much of an alteration to existing pipework

what do you do with the air bubble?

Thanks for all the replys.
I've tried boiling it to flush out air lock No Good !!!
namsag should I fed the towel rail with both Flow and Return or can I just feed it with one or the other???
Also why can't I fit a pump to this side of the system?.
All replies appreciated

Twgas have a look at cylinder manufacturers sites it will show fully pumped primatics but pump goes on the return so bubble does not goes.

Ian primatics work on an air bubble principle to keep the heating and domestic water seperate so system must be configured in such a way to stop pumps causing bubble to blow.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back