Basement ventilation

How i run the duct into the wall as the top half of duct would be above my ground floor joists and flooring and the bottom half below it? Looking at the pic above the top of ducting would be inside my living room?

Sponsored Links
you mean your floor is below ground level :(

well, the outside ventilator has to be above ground, and the inside has to be below the floor.

the duct can be built into the wall, it is about brick-sized. You will have to take out several bricks to build it in.

if the pavement is up against the front of your house I suppose it would be difficult for you to dig a pit outside where there used to be one above the cellar windows. But at least you can do that at the back of the house.

look for the least inconvenient place, e.g under stairs, beside front door, in a corner where you can box it in.

post some photos, that may spark off ideas.

I bet those two replacement slabs were put over the old light well to the cellar windows. I bet there used to be an iron grille that has been filled up. You might still see it on other houses of similar age. I wonder if you could dig it out again.

Sponsored Links
It is already dug out under the slabs, thats where all the water builds up and causes the dampness under the internal air brick.

I was thinking, dig it out , put in a bigger iron grill to allow better ventilation, shape or drain the hole underneath so water does not pond against the wall.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back