Fitting a central heating room thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm looking at buying a thermostat for my central heating system, i was looking at the 'Salus RT000 RF' because i need a wireless one that has volt free contacts. However i have a few questions before i buy this:

1) As the the receiver is mains powered, i intend on putting a plug on it instead of hard wiring it in, what wire would i use and what current rating fuse?

2) What type wire would i use to connect between the receiver and the terminal on the boiler?

Thanks a lot in advance,

Kev

Sponsored Links
1) don't - take the mains from the boiler.
2) 5 core flex, usually.

Hi, thanks for that. I've managed to get hold of 10 amp heat resistant flex, is this adequate? Or should i work with 6 amp flex?

If you haven't bought the Salus, look at the Honeywell CMT927.

Five core flex from the receiver to the boiler. 10A will be OK if you can fit it in the terminals, but if you need to ask then you are taking chances.

Sponsored Links
I'm just being sure! 10 amp 5 core flex was recommended by the local heating supplies store.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back