cutting ceramic tile

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi im lkaying ceramic tile i have a dewalt circular saw 7 1/4 in bought sdome blades from canadian tire that are for masonary they would cut one tile then they went dull do you have any ideas ? i tried even watering the blade as i cut but still no goood plese email me back thanks harry

Sponsored Links
Hello What email address, the answer is ceramic is not quite the same as masonary that is why the blades go dull, you needa ceramic cutting disc, have you heard of a "do all" disc? (advertised on infomertials)

cuts anything and has a liftime g'tee so if you do dull it send it back and get another one free

try this place for the do all disc

another way is get a small diamond blade that those small electric tile cutters use(like a table saw),these blades fit an angle grinder,if your lucky it may fit your saw too

B&Q are selling a stand alone ceramic cutter for £30 approx.

We've used it - excellent job

Sponsored Links
I have used the B&Q job too, great for DIY jobs.

are you cutting tiles straight if so use a tile ciutter but i dont know wat its called but u have to use man power instead of machine it really easy to use and most diy store have themk its really just a small blade on a sliding bar which u bring across and the push down and cut the tile

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back