Ink stains in dryer & on clothes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I washed a load of whites with a blue pen. Not knowing I washed the pen I put it all in the dryer. I pulled out my laundry from the dryer this morning and there are pen marks everywhere on my clothes. Somebody please help me!!! :(

Sponsored Links
I can not help you with the ink in the dryer I am trying to figure that one out myself, however the clothes I can. Spray Goo-Gone and Shout let set for a little while then rub. It will bleed to a bigger spot, however washing again usually gets it out. Sometimes it takes a couple washings. This works great for crayon also.

I just washed a few set of scrubs not realizing that one of my ball point pens was still left in a pocket. Fortunately, i asked a few of my co workers as to how to get it out of the dryer and clothes. If you can get a hold of your typical rubbing alcohol, that will help get the majority out of the dryer and it won't get on the rest of your clothes. However, there is something else that you can you as well as the alcohol and that is called chloroform. VERY TOXIC, VERY CAUSTIC and VERY POISONOUS. But, it works. If you are able to find a place that sells it, make sure you buy gloves and a mask to go along with it. Make sure that you can have the area as well ventilated as possible and definitely make sure you are able to get fresh air as often as possible because you can/will pass out from the fumes. GOOD LUCK!!

Sponsored Links
z
.........z
.................z
......................z
............................z
...............................z
.................................z
..................................z

snore

klh5978 said:
chloroform. you can/will pass out from the fumes.

Guess what chloroform is often used for?

putting people "out"

At a school i was at they used it to kill animals for the biology class to disect

Didn't have animals then did we ? ;)
watch she doesn't set 'Art' on you !! :eek:

P

post locked to prevent hi jacking

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back