Worcester boiler combi problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm in the process of changing my bathroom suite and now i need to disconnect the hot and cold source from my combi boiler which is situated in the airing cupboard next door. Looking at the boiler,there are 3x22mm pipes running from it which i'm thinking are for the heating and 2x15mm pipes which are the hot and cold feeds to the wash baisins bath etc. I expected to see isolator valves on the pipe work but there doesn't seem to ba any present. Can anyone please advise me what to do to avoid me being knee deep in water in the airing cupboard;is it just a matter of turning the main water supply off or is there more to it?

Many thanks in advise.

Sponsored Links
isolate cold main open hot & cold taps to check its isolated, leave downstairs taps open so when you cut pipework and let air in most water in pipe should drain through taps
two 22mm pipes will be heating however the third is possibly the gas supply !

Make sure you switch power off to boiler.

From the left the pipes are:

C/H flow 2mm
Hot water 15mm
Gas 22mm
Cold water in 15mm
C/H return 22m

There are isolator valves underneath the boiler, but be careful they tend to start leaking when you reopen them.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back