Insurance company, heating would not turn on. Won't fix it!

In the meantime looks like everyone’s gone to bed :(- need a parts list at a minimum for my wiring setup.

All you need is a standard 3port spring return valve(honeywell best, followed prob by ACL/Drayton, take your pic with the cheapos) and a bog standard wiring centre. However a warning, lots of trades people like to fit and supply and are not all that keen on "labour only jobs" for whatever reasons :)
Also you will need a new wire from your programmer to the new wiring centre in the airing cupboard(this bit at least you can do yourself to save labour costs)

Sponsored Links
However a warning, lots of trades people like to fit and supply and are not all that keen on "labour only jobs" for whatever reasons :)

I think he is planning to supply and fit it all himself.

Tony

In the meantime looks like everyone’s gone to bed :(- need a parts list at a minimum for my wiring setup.

All you need is a standard 3port spring return valve(honeywell best, followed prob by ACL/Drayton, take your pic with the cheapos) and a bog standard wiring centre. However a warning, lots of trades people like to fit and supply and are not all that keen on "labour only jobs" for whatever reasons :)
Also you will need a new wire from your programmer to the new wiring centre in the airing cupboard(this bit at least you can do yourself to save labour costs)

**** the bolier housing has just been redecorated. Theres no way I can remove it without damaging it and yes the bolier front panel comes of easy as pie. ****.

PS: I have a rough idea why labour jobs are not as juicy as one supplied with parts. :idea:

go on, call Agile, it will be interesting to see if he's round within 11 minutes.

I don't think he will overcharge for parts.

Sponsored Links
However a warning, lots of trades people like to fit and supply and are not all that keen on "labour only jobs" for whatever reasons :)

I think he is planning to supply and fit it all himself.

Tony

I am/was but if it’s a reasonable figure then I am happy to have someone professional do it. But to be honest changing the valve is easy, & know how to drain the system. So is it worth getting someone in??

These electrics are now a stumbling block, why the heck didn't it break earlier last week!! I'm pretty sure I won't be able to get a new cable run without some serious damage to the decor.

Go on, call him

Go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on

mrsdoyleface.jpg

go on, call Agile, it will be interesting to see if he's round within 11 minutes.

I don't think he will overcharge for parts.

lol still waiting for a figure from agile. Can't find you in the yellow pages...

//www.diynot.com/network/Agile

Go on, go on, go on.

Ahh just found it myself - you up mate?

So the test is:
Gets here fast.
Is available.
Charges a reasonable figure.
Is no cowboy - I've been stung already acording to you guys.
Oh and has to provide a fully working system with whats there due to the new deocor!! If highly possible.

Failing that I'll do it myself!

I am happy to fit customers parts but would charge our standard diagnostic fee of £84 plus an extra £60 to cover the pains involved in draining and refilling the system.

But I mainly cover W, NW, N and CV postcodes and NEVER go to unspecified countries!

Tony

Well the cabling is a serious stumbling block now.... can you advise what cable is needed? I presume like the grey cable where it has earth, neutral, live?

May as well if... I can feed the full cable through rather than just the 1 cable - future proof the damn thing. Off to check now how difficult its going to be before calling the Mr Agile.

Its best to use multicore cable but many installers use two or three cables and just identify the conductors with coloured taps.

Its a bit of a bodge but overcomes the problem of getting five core and earth cable which is not very commonly available.

Tony

Thanks very much for the quick reply...I'm at wicks right now, should i buy a 3 core cable consisting of live, neutral and earth or should i buy the 3 core cable with earth?

Thats the problem, the ordinary places like Wickes dont stock it.

You will need at least five cores, that would have to be made up of three two core and earth. Never use the earth for anything except an earth. You only need 0.75 mm² conductor size.

But its a bodge to use multiple cable but its almost unobtainable from anywhere in less than a 50m drum.

An installer SHOULD have some with him, but I see no end of installations which have been bodged!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back