What vacuum cleaner do you pro's use to cleanup?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to buy a new vacuum cleaner as my ageing Samsung is finally falling apart (not bad really as its 12 years old now) I want a machine that will suck up nails, brick dust, rubble etc. I have heard favorable things about 'Henry' and his family, but I am interested to know what you professionals use daily and if you would recommend it. I bought a 'Karcher' but was really unimpressed with is performance.

many thanks,

Sponsored Links
I need to buy a new vacuum cleaner as my ageing Samsung is finally falling apart (not bad really as its 12 years old now) I want a machine that will suck up nails, brick dust, rubble etc. I have heard favorable things about 'Henry' and his family, but I am interested to know what you professionals use daily and if you would recommend it. I bought a 'Karcher' but was really unimpressed with is performance.

many thanks,

I currently use a Trend T30AF. I like it because its quiet, has a long hose, and it filters down to 0.5microns for the very fine dusts.

As happy as I am with it, I do find that when connected to powertools it lacks in the airflow department (as do all other standard vacuum cleaners) which is why the next cleaner I get will be a Numatic
They manufacture the 'henry' range but the 'numatic' branded stuff is industrial quality.

Thanks for the replies chaps. I didn't find your thread as I searched for 'vacuum + brick' and not 'hoover + brick' in the forum search.
So, it looks like i will get a Henry (or maybe a George, Charles or Edward) but probably wont get a Bertie, who I think is Henrys little brother.

Sponsored Links
Buy a 'Charles', if you don't agree with me that it's the best vacuum you have ever owned I will pay for it!! Charles is the wet & dry vacuum made my Numatic who manufacture the Henry, and can be had for about £110 on t'interweb. The suction this thing has is just bonkers!

Yesterday I cleared up all the plaster lumps, dust and crap the plasterer had left behind, then sucked up metal swarf off my metal lathe, and finally a load of saw dust off the floor, without losing any suction, how many vacs do you know that wouldn't block up with this kind of use?!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back