Where Drive meets lawn

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Not sure if this is "Building" or "Gardening" Forum...

I have a tarmac drive that meets the lawn. The lawn keeps encroaching (sp) over the drive as there is no edging/kerbstone. I have inserted a concrete edging kerb after excavating and haunched it with concrete. My question is, as this is done after the drive is tarmac'd, is there a way to stop weeds forming between the concrete edging kerb and the tarmac? It's like I need to seal between the tarmac drive and the kerbstone.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
you will find it difficult to get a successful seal.

seeds will fall into the smallest of cracks and germinate. it will seem like the grand canyon meets garden of Eden to wind blown seeds and stuff.

you could try pointing with black dyed mortar but this could be messy against the edging kerb.

Thanks Noseall,
I think I could do with a DIY "hot tar kit" if such a thing exists. Apply this to the edge after masking off the kerb?

Sponsored Links
If the gap is very tight you could use black mastic. It may discolour at a different rate to the tarmac though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back