6129 tech certificate

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
alright lads just wondering is this the right course for me to start on im wanting to change career and fancy plumbing any help would be great thanks russLUFC

Sponsored Links
Do yourself a favour dont bother this trade is finished , with all the fastrack monkeys,polish cowboys and the ex city boys that fancy a easy life there is just not enough work to go round.
I've got a newish van ,thousands of pounds worth of tools, website,yellow pages adverts, public and employers liability insurance,C.O.R.G.I registered,ACS, unvented hot water,city and guilds and various other qualifircations related to plumbing heating and boilers.
I am not particuly expensive and provide a good standard of service and i am begining to spend more time doing nothing .
So what can you bring to the industry that i have not in 20 years that i have been doing it , who would you let loose on their plumbing if you had the choice of aprentiship served plumber or someone thats just decided to change career ? This is not a personal attack on yourself mearly a waning THINK BEFORE YOU COMMIT TO THIS TRADE if i was you i would pick something else !!!!!!!!

If you think the Polish were cheap then get ready for the Turkish!

Their average wage is about £4 a day at home and they will be working here for about £3 an hour rather than the Polish at £5 an hour!

Tony

thanks for the reply mate i understand what your saying ive friends in plumbing and they all say the same but i'd like to get some decent qualifications in the trade and theres a long term plan behind my reason to change, i want to emigrate and a trade would certainly boost my chances of leaving this dead end country far behind

Sponsored Links
many countries like Aus and the USA have stringent controls on who does plumbing work.

You typically have to work for at least five years before you can start to run your own business. Its probably better to qualify there!

Until the energy prices hike I would have said that a/c is the rapid growth industry with not enough trained people. However in teh future less people will be able to afford to run it so the growth may well reverse.

Tony

I hate this country !! i am ashamed to be english, i'm glad i've got a house in France if things get to bad in this Carphole i will go to France and spend the rest of my life on the Dole I'VE HAD ENOUGH :evil:

I hate this country !! i am ashamed to be english, i'm glad i've got a house in France if things get to bad in this Carphole i will go to France and spend the rest of my life on the Dole I'VE HAD ENOUGH :evil:

having a bad day?

Yes Dangermouse i know what you mean, this labour government have got a lot to answer for , if things get as bad as they say i can see a lot of people voteing BNP with any luck at least they will get us out of europe

i think it'll get ALOT worse before it gets any better. UKIP would get my vote. (send the buggers back)

Yes Dangermouse i know what you mean, this labour government have got a lot to answer for , if things get as bad as they say i can see a lot of people voteing BNP with any luck at least they will get us out of europe

How would that help you with your house in France?

I was probably going to sell my house in France to another RGI but he has about £2000 of tools stolen last night by druggies so I dont know if he will want to buy it.

The Government seems to be talking the economy down! I even wondered if I should lower my repair prices to compete with BG. Services at £48 instead of £55 ?

Tony

I ve started to advertise my services from £35 just to compete with BG although it only says FROM, but i think the wages areare going down all round ,i had a landlord ask me to do some cp12s for him at £20 as that whats he pays from someone else .
Wheres your house in France Tony ?

Near La Haye du Puits in Normandy! Where is yours?

I went to visit an ex colleague near Lomoges last month who has a large old water mill. The wheels rotted but lots of lovely big cog wheels inside!

Tony

Next time you visit your friend you could'nt cut my grass could you ? I am not far from limoges just outside gueret The lake district of France Beautiful country :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back