Buy UPVC frames WITHOUT glazing units?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know anywhere where I can buy frames without the glazing sealed units?

It may sound odd but there are good reasons!

Tony

Sponsored Links
how many do you require?
would you want then delivered or could you collect.?
send details to my email address. Ie sizes styles etc.

mr moderator I have not advertised my services but could offer a solution to the question.

Sponsored Links
Any local window supplier will supply frame only

Thats not very easy to achieve.

In the London area, most of the window installers use out of town manufacturers because its more cost effective even though many of them have the ability to manufacture them selves.

Manufacturing is very cheap with a full order book and staff and facilities fully utilised.

In London, with a high population density, the focus is on the installation work rather than the manufacturing.

My situation is that I have an immediate need for two largish windows and ultimately 15-20 units if I can find a suitable solution.

Glazed units are very heavy for me to handle on my own and I want empty frames which I can handle and transport easily. I have a friend who makes up the sealed units and he is rather struggling and I would like to help him as he did a favour for me recently and I was very impressed by how helpful he was. A real nice guy! In any case transporting the glass seperately suits me as I can manage that and fit the glass to the frames at the point of use.

Tony ( Glazier )

In that case, any national window supplier will be able to supply a frame only.

I get a monthly trade magazine packed with frame only suppliers. Your only issue will be delivery costs, as frame costs will be relatively competative

That sounds interesting! Whats the mag called?

I will see if WMS can help first though!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back