ADT alarm error message "power failure setting aborted&

I have the exact same problem. When I try to set the alarm it comes up 'power failure setting aborted'

I think its a Galaxy 16 model
Led on keypad is flashing fast
When I enter the my code I can access the menu as normal
I have the engineer code

I have checked the mains fuse and the three inside the panel and all are ok.

The panel looks like this:

142000_141051_21668_14409914.jpg

142000_141051_21669_24112862.jpg

If you could help that would be great :D

What was the engineers code ????

Sponsored Links
Factory is 1122. Although I think engineers change it upon installation so obviously mine is different.

HTH

Factory is 1122. Although I think engineers change it upon installation so obviously mine is different.

HTH

I realise that which is why i'm trying to get hold of my code, can anyone suggest somthing for me to try ?

Just thought I would post a thank you to the OP, this has saved me an expensive engineer call-out fee :)

My Galaxy 16 was reporting the same error message. All fuses were OK, even the battery was registering 11.8v, so appeared to be OK. Although it was 11 years old!

In the end I decided I would just buy a new battery from Screwfix. £17 later, it's installed, but the error message remained :?: I disconnected the electric supply and new battery, removed the onboard fuses and reseated them. Then reconnected the battery and mains, et voila, LED stopped blinking, error message gone and we are away :)

I was fortunate that my code is also the engineer's access code, so could reset everything.

Job done.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Just thought I would post a thank you to the OP, this has saved me an expensive engineer call-out fee :)

My Galaxy 16 was reporting the same error message. All fuses were OK, even the battery was registering 11.8v, so appeared to be OK. Although it was 11 years old!

In the end I decided I would just buy a new battery from Screwfix. £17 later, it's installed, but the error message remained :?: I disconnected the electric supply and new battery, removed the onboard fuses and reseated them. Then reconnected the battery and mains, et voila, LED stopped blinking, error message gone and we are away :)

I was fortunate that my code is also the engineer's access code, so could reset everything.

Job done.

Thanks

11.8 volts aint an ok voltage for an sla battery, but good you changed it....11 years old :confused:

Also you say your user code is the same as the enginner code, this cannot be, as the system would not permit two codes to be the same.

Hmm, that is curious, as when it was saying "Engineer reset required", I simply entered my code and the system appeared to be fine. It is certainly no longer asking for an Engineer reset!

I'm just happy it is back working again :D

Hmm, that is curious, as when it was saying "Engineer reset required", I simply entered my code and the system appeared to be fine. It is certainly no longer asking for an Engineer reset!

I'm just happy it is back working again :D
That's because the code you are using IS the Engineer code.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back