Pug 206 Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a problem with my 206,
When I turn the steering wheel I hear a sort of clonking noise, It has got worse over the last few days, any ideas on what it could be and prices to fix it??
Thanks!

Sponsored Links
I hear a sort of clonking noise, and prices to fix it??

donkling noises cost 3 zogs to fix.

Put your self in my shoes do they fit? You dont know because you dont know what size they are, like wise your question, more info is needed

A bit more info would be helpful. Do you mean it do it when driving, if so at what speed? Are you meaning when parking on a tight lock?

Oh sorry yeah, Erm, it started off when i was turning my wheel to get off my drive, then the last couple of days its been happening when i turn corners or park.
I havent noticed it happening aqt higher speeds.

Sponsored Links
most probable cause is the link arms, attached from the anti-roll bar to the struts, around 10-30 quid each depending on where you go, easy to fit but a garage will probably charge you an hours labour per side, but without looking this is just a guess of course

is it a continuous knocking all the time the wheel is turned? If so it's likely to be the cv joint on the driveshaft

I'm with Neo on this one if its a continuous click, click, click on turning a corner. I'd say it's one of the outer CV joints. If it were a 'normal' car (i.e not french) you could just get the CV joint replaced, but I think you have to get the whole driveshaft replaced. Probably cost about £80-100 for a new D-shaft. Should be a fairly easy job to fit tho'. I reckon you should be looking at £150 max.

I had a problem with a loud clanking and clonking noise when turning out of my parking space etc.

It turned out the front suspension spring was brocken.

Hope this helps

Sponsored Links
Back