Boiler Coming On, Programmer Off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'd be grateful for some advice on this please...

Conventional CH/HW system about 10 years old, Ideal boiler, Honeywell Programmer, 2 2-way motorized valves in airing cupboard.

Recently we have found the boiler sometimes staying on after the programmer has switched both the HW and CH off. The programmer seems to work fine.

My question really is.... can this be caused by sticking motorized valves? If they don't switch off fully, can they trigger the boiler to come on.

Or...if the boiler is definitely coming on when the programmer indicates off, is it a faulty programmer.

I know how difficult it is to diagnose over the net but I'd really like to know if faulty motorized valves can cause the boiler to fire up even when the programmer say both the CH and HW are off.

Thanks for any advice... Paul

Sponsored Links
Thanks - I thought it must be something to do with the valve. Had to shut down the boiler last night to get the damn thing off - but the circulating pump has kept going! If anyone has any advice on how to get this off, I'd be grateful.

I think the motorized valves (ACL Lifestyle 2-port) are not the newer ones with replaceable heads so I think I'll be getting a pro in to help me sort this.

Cheers Paul

Sponsored Links
Other than turn power off at wall pump will run as long as switch is made.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back