Moving a boiler and efficiency regulations

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A friend of mine is about to have an extension built. This will involve moving his current oil-fired boiler. Will he have to conform to todays regulations regards the efficiency of boilers [ he doesn't currently have a condensing boiler ] as it's a move and not new installation?

Sponsored Links
you don't have to comply when moving a boiler but it would be a good idea to.

Sponsored Links
So your telling me that the additional cost of a new boiler is going is going to be cost affective , condensing boilers are not always in condensing mode so what you are saying is spend thousands for a probable 5 percent saving in fuel costs

So your telling me that the additional cost of a new boiler is going is going to be cost affective , condensing boilers are not always in condensing mode so what you are saying is spend thousands for a probable 5 percent saving in fuel costs

as the pipework etc is gonna have to be moved anyway why not change the boiler at the same time? Over it's life of say 15yrs with the ever rising fuel costs it'll pay for itself.

And you know that for definite without knowin what boiler is in at present and how old and how efficent its running and how much a new oil boiler is going to cost

And you know that for definite without knowin what boiler is in at present and how old and how efficent its running and how much a new oil boiler is going to cost

as a general rule of thumb I would say. It'd be a good idea to upgrade the rest of the system too (trv's, roomstat(s), programmer, controls etc)

Do you even know what band of oil boiler would meet the regs

Do you even know what band of oil boiler would meet the regs

All i said was if your moving the boiler you may aswell meet all the regs but it's not a legal requirement. Where do you get your "probable 5%" figures from as you don't know the existing boiler either Einstein?

Thats why i said probable :rolleyes: :rolleyes: .
So simple question what band boiler would meet the regs

No to be honest you don`t really know and are talking drivel again.

Your post count is looking quite impressive in such a short time shame its mainly slagging your former employer or giving advice on subjects you don`t really know about.

Back to original question providing the boiler is perfectly ok and not due for changing then there is no reason why he cannot move it without renewing the boiler

Back to original question providing the boiler is perfectly ok and not due for changing then there is no reason why he cannot move it without renewing the boiler

I didn't say he couldn't did I?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back