ade optima house alarm problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a 10 yr old ade optima compact house alarm (6 zone). I am having some work done in the house & so the mains power needs to be switched off, when trying to do this the external siren sounds & the internal panel does not operate, there are no lights on either. The back up battery was changed about 4 years ago, so I'm wandering whether this could be my problem or could it be something else? Also can I change the battery myself or would I need an engineer?
Any help greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Yes , sounds like the battery , also look at the battery fuse and make sure the battery leads have about 13.6vdc at the end of them.
Battery is available from Maplin or Screwfix 12v 2.1Ah or thereabouts.

like denford says probably is the battery but check the connections on the existing battery before you buy a new one. If it has been sitting disconnected you will probably still need to replace it. lead acid batteries need to be kept charged or they lose the ability to hold a charge.

Also you'll probably need the engineers code to reset the alarm when you open up the panel.

Cheers Kev

system is bells only (its an optima) so its very doubtfull engineers code will be required.

Sponsored Links
Just to say thanks to everyone who took the time to answer.
Battery has now been chaged & everything is working fine :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back