Ariston Microgenus 28 Error E 34

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I've just signed up! Been having problems with the above boiler. As the title says it gets an E34 error.

I know what the error is and when I tke the boier apart I can fix the problem. there is a tube running from the fan to the top right of the boiler, this seems to get blocked with water. I end uop having to suck it out and the then it's fine.

The trouble is at the momemnt it's breaking almost daily. I can only think water is getting in from outside as it seems to be when it rains the boiler stops working.

I also get errors A97 and even a d65 which I cannot seem to identify.

Is there something I can do to make it more reliable? Or am I better off just buying a new boiler?

Thanks for reading.

Sponsored Links
Re-siting the flue would be a cheaper option. Has the flue been installed correctly or damaged etc been serviced?.

Ok thanks.

I've stuck my head out the window and can see the flue terminates right next to a drain. About an inch up there is an opening in the drain pipe. The pipe itself doesn't look to be attached to any guttering but is open at the top, so I guess in heavy rain enough water will spill from the drain directly on to the flue, nice job.

I'llsee what I can do about the drain pipe as it's a flat so I can't actually get to it myself.

The boiler was serviced just two weeks ago. Nothing was said excpet it was a bit dusty.

Thanks for the pointer looks like we have found the casue :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back