Miele Novotronic 828 front-loader washing machine -

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My inlet light keeps coming on - I don't think it's anything to do with the supply of water...what could it be? I can't find my user manual to look at the trouble-shooter page. Has anybody any clue? Yours....very frustrated. Manuela

Sponsored Links
JOHN D you're my hero! :) sounds as though the filter to the inlet pipe may be blocked - I've taken the top off the washer and there are some metal ties around the pipes leading into the powder drawer - I assume that's where the blockage may be? and the filter? If I undo the grips, whihc literally look like those sandwhich bag ties (but obviously thicker and stronger) will I jsut be able to get them back on easily enough??

Thank you very kind man - I love mending things and seeing how things work

Manuela

sorry I don't know.

A blockage in filler is very often due to clogged up old washing powder, so it is always worth pulling out the powder drawer and washing it in hot water, and also the slot it slides into and the pipe going down from it. you do not have to take it apart to do this. you mat need a stiff nylon toothbrush. there are holes at the top of the slot that squirt down into the drawer

the filter of the inlet pipe sounds like it will be at the end of the plastic filling hose, where it attaches to a tap at the wall.

Sponsored Links
oh - I thought it would be at the washing machine end....not done anything yet - will try washin it out first - thank you kind man.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back