Remote Timer for Ravenheat RSF 820/20

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a Ravenheat RSF 820/20 combi boiler. The boiler has an integrated timer/programmer and is situated in my attic.

As you can imagine I have to go upto the loft everytime I need to manually switch on / or configure the programmer for my boiler.

Does anyone know of which remote wired/wireless timer/programmers are compatible with my boiler ?

Are they easy to fit ? and if so, do I simply need to disconnect the current 2 pin connection for the integrated timer, and plug in the new one ?

Sponsored Links
The integral timer can be disconnected and then wire a new single channel timer or programmable room stat into the room stat connections on boiler.

If i disconnect the integral programmer, will the integral thermostat still work ? I have no requirement to relocate the thermostat.

[/img]

Sponsored Links
I think the best way to do it is to disconnect the internal clock , and then use a 4core plus earth cable supply a new clock with zero volt switching, you will be able to use the mains feed to the internal clock on the boiler for the mains to the new remote clock then connect the other 2 spade connectors to the switch on the new remote clock and leave the link for the stat in the board this way the mains isolator will isolate the whole system and no other mains source will be connected to the boiler

mick

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back