footings

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi this is my second attempt could you tell me how deep ,wide,thick do footings have to be for a dwarf wall for a conservatory (cavity wall)

Sponsored Links
A double skinned wall with a 75 mm cavity wants to have footings 600mm wide (or thereabouts since it's not going to be subjected to very much loading).

As for the depth you need to dig - this all depends on local conditions.

The depth of concrete in the footings also depends on the above but about 200mm should be more than adequate (but don't come back to me if it all goes wrong - without knowing the soil and any other factors such as nearby trees etc. you could need to adjust accordingly).

You should also have at least a couple of courses of suitable brick below ground level for your wall, with a lean mix fill back to ground level in the cavity.

Thanks for your advice Cheers

A double skinned wall with a 75 mm cavity wants to have footings 600mm wide (or thereabouts since it's not going to be subjected to very much loading).

As for the depth you need to dig - this all depends on local conditions.

The depth of concrete in the footings also depends on the above but about 200mm should be more than adequate (but don't come back to me if it all goes wrong - without knowing the soil and any other factors such as nearby trees etc. you could need to adjust accordingly).

You should also have at least a couple of courses of suitable brick below ground level for your wall, with a lean mix fill back to ground level in the cavity.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back