Removal of radiator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In one of my treatment rooms, I need to remove a radiator for me to cut a new doorway and this means, unfortunately, that there is no space to relocate it as all the remaining wall space is already utilised.

A client mentioned a hybrid heater that in effect uses a small radiator and a blower fan.

I'm unfamiliar with this sort of product but in theory it could solve the problem and could be mounted above this doorway if shallow enough.

The CH microbore comes down the wall from the 22mm supply and return above a suspended ceiling and I also have an adjacent ring main there too, so the connections could be quite convenient.,

Does such an item exist? If so is there a choice of makes and qualities / reliability?

All constructive comments will be gratefully received. Thank you.

Sponsored Links
Do you not have any wall space available at all? If you do then you could almost certainly buy a rad that would fit and heat the space

A client mentioned a hybrid heater that in effect uses a small radiator and a blower fan.

I think what you're looking for is called a 'hydronic fan convector'. It's certainly a hydronic something!

I have a low level 3kw one, as there wasn't enough space for a radiator. It works very well, but it's not silent. It sounds just as you'd expect - like a decent quality fan heater. The fan switches on automatically when the water's hot, and off again when it cools down.

Have a look at

http://www.smiths-env.com/products_view.asp?productid=8

Sponsored Links
Thanks to everyone. Whilst searching for Myson Kickspace, I see they also make a wall model so I have two brands to chose from.

I'll see what space is left after doing the slapping to see if a tall narrow rad would fit, otherwise it's the hydronic.

Thanks again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back