Baxi Combi 105e Boiler Fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a intermittent fault with my boiler, sometimes when either the water or central heating trys to come on the boiler doesn't always ignite. If I reset the boiler this sometimes fixers the problem and sometime it doesn't. Sometimes I have to reset the boiler a few times before it ignites. Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
need to know what fault code comes up ie what led is light .the user manual will explain these

need to know how far boiler progresses through its cycle ie pump fan ignition proof of ignition. there are many things it could be need to know what step it is failing at.random guess is airswitch these are common failing on this boiler and cost bout 15 qiud and 5 min to change

Sponsored Links
random guess is airswitch these are common failing on this boiler

In my experience this would show up at a fan/flue fault problem.

More likely to be rectification or low gas setting problem.

Well it usually starts up as normal, the fan spins round and it makes all the normal noises up until it should ignite then it clicks off and warning night flashes. It does the same for either water or heating

when the fault occurs check to see if after the fan starts that you get a healthy spark to ignite the gas.if not it is almost certainly the aps air pressure switch.this switch proves to the boiler that fan is running correctly

then sounds like ionisation probe faulty which is faulty which again is cheap to buy butttt you are supposed to be gas reg to change!!.baisicly there is a small voltage passed through the flame to prove gas has light if this sensor is not working it will not allow boiler to continue. does gas light then diminsh and go out

almost certainly ionisation probe problem then very simple n cheap but supposed to be gas guy.could even just need adjusting n cleaning.only other thing it could poss be has anybody done electrical work recently because the boiler is polarity sensative and stops this probe from working if live n neutral wrong way round

Does it go by another name as I can't find the part you're talking about listed in the parts list of the manual

Might be called the "flame sensing electrode" or "flame detection electrode" >

But I doubt that is the problem and it needs a CORGI to fit it !

I would check the min gas pressure and if that was OK then consider the PCB.

I have found the sensitivity of the PCBs can vary widely on that model and the positioning of the electrode can also be quite critical.

Tony

The gas pressure is fine, is there any other checks I can do as the electrode cost ~£15 and the PCB is ~£75 not quite sure why you need to be corgi to change the electrode as it is just a screw and a lead the change it!!

The gas pressure is fine, is there any other checks I can do as the electrode cost ~£15 and the PCB is ~£75 not quite sure why you need to be corgi to change the electrode as it is just a screw and a lead the change it!!

What exactly do you mean when you say that?

To become CORGI registered you learn whats involved in gas safety procedures.

Opening the combustion chamber involves resealing it afterwards and if thats not done properly can be dangerous.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back