Kitchen fitter wiring!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Went to change a CU and had N to E reading on cooker circuit, on further investigation the kitchen fitter (recently refurbished kitchen) had wired the oven and hob ignition together in 1 plug top.
DSC00259.jpg
DSC00260.jpg
[/img]

Sponsored Links
Bloddy 'ell!

I don't know how these idiots get the job, I mean if you're a kitchen fitter you think you would at least know how to wire a plug, and not wire two cables into one plug!

You can also see a lot of exposed flesh on the live, I wonder even if all the flex is connected? :eek:

What was the cause of the N-E fault?

Was the cooker circuit a dedicated radial with a socket outlet connected?

Yes GaryMo, it was a cooker cct 6mm to DP switch then a single s/o wired from the old connection point on a short length 2.5mm t&e left floating at the back of the unit on a BS3036 30amp!

Sponsored Links
That's very good for a kitchen fitter. Got all the wires in the right place. Must be an Niccy DI :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

What was the cause of the N-E fault?

Was the cooker circuit a dedicated radial with a socket outlet connected?

A gas hob would be nicely earthed through the gas pipe, amd if the earth of the flex was in the neutral terminal of the plug, you then have a lovelly N to E short via the gas pipe ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back