Wrong size shower cable

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
On the off chance anyone thinks upgrading your wiring isn't important when you get that all new singing, dancing shower............

Sponsored Links
Nice pictures!

Very lucky girl. When we changed the cable, the heat damage to the joist was really bad. She's had the shower for around 6 months, she was replacing a 7.5kW, no idea how long the cable was there before that though.

To make things worse this wasn't a diy effort, it was done by a spark!

Jimbojones, may I add those photos to the hall of shame in the DIYnot wiki?

Sponsored Links
I too would be looking for some other problem as well.
Not saying you are wrong, just that a few years ago I visited a friends house and whilst using the toilet noticed that their shower was wired with a flex disappearing into the ceiling.I told her it was unsafe and rewired it for her in 6mm (7.5kw shower).
when replacing the cable/flex there wasn't any sign of burning and she told me that the flex had been there since she moved in 6 years previous.

Right-click one of the photos to open the album in a new window - see what the caption is.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back