Tiling my bathroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to tile my bathroom but I have never done any tiling before.

The room is 2.83 meter squared so its only a small room it should be pretty straight and I can lift the toilet and pedastal so there are only a few pipes to cut around.

The current floor is plywood with that thin sticky back laminate flooring which has lasted suprisingly well. Do I remove the thin laminate flooring or tile straight over it?

Can I tile straight against the most seen walls in an L shape and keep all the cuts to one wall?
I can tile underneath the bath panel to hide cuts etc and the other wall has the toliet and sink with all the pipe cuts.

I also need to know if it is worth me doing this or paying somebody to do it? What kind of price is it to do such a small room so I can get an idea if it is worth me getting stressed etc.....

Because the room is only small I want to go all out and get some posh tiles like stone or slate ones etc.

Can anybody give me any tips etc please?

Sponsored Links
seems like the questions that you have sir are at the top of the tiling section, marked as a sticky, hope this helps

:cool:

Read the sticky before but I still need to know how much it would cost a tiler to do the job and if it is worth while me doing it.

Thanks.

Read the sticky before but I still need to know how much it would cost a tiler to do the job and if it is worth while me doing it.

Thanks.

its very difficult to give a quote over the net or phone, you have to see a job first hand to price it up,plus different areas have different prices, around here at the min tho your talking around £25- 30 sqm (unless you employ polish of course) or around 150 - 180 a day ish

for tiling alone im sure you wont pay anymore than £230, then dont forget you have to get in yourself or get the tiler to provide, which of course adds to costs the adhesive, grout, etc

hope this helps

Sponsored Links
The best thing you can do is get some quotes and weigh up your options from there.A few hundred quid may seem worth getting the job done properly (depending on who you employ) and also without the stress of doing it yourself.
Check weather the tilers you ask charge for quotes or not as some do.

The best thing you can do is get some quotes and weigh up your options from there.A few hundred quid may seem worth getting the job done properly (depending on who you employ) and also without the stress of doing it yourself.
Check weather the tilers you ask charge for quotes or not as some do.

ive never charged for quotes and dont know any tiler local that does

I know of 2 in my area who charge for the quote and then refund if you have them for the work,I also know quite a few plumbers who do the same.

I know of 2 in my area who charge for the quote and then refund if you have them for the work,I also know quite a few plumbers who do the same.

i can unserstand certain types who charge for quotes , plumbers being one, with all the messing about etc but never even considered it myself, part of the job.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back