Mind your own Business

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This is a tiny leafed plant, a bit like moss, that is sold in garden nurseries for indoor displays. Somehow I've got it in my lawn and, because of our mild winters, it has been spreading rapidly and killing the grass. Lawn weekillers and mosskillers won't touch it. Any ideas please?

Sponsored Links
Are you quite sure that a Verdone-type weedkiller (not weed & feed which doesn't harm weeds much at all) won't see it off? It kills most non-grasses.

... how about a rotavator? that should see it off. Or if not, i'll send my kids round for a week.... they'd turn wembly into a mudbath within hours.....

Are you quite sure that a Verdone-type weedkiller (not weed & feed which doesn't harm weeds much at all) won't see it off? It kills most non-grasses.

Thanks for your suggestion Robert. I agree that lawn weed and feeds are pretty useless at killing weeds. I've tried Verdone and others but they won't touch Mind your own Business. I even put a thick layer of weedkiller granules over some patches thinking that, if it didn't kill the stuff, it would smother it. Wrong. After a couple of weeks the grass was dead and Mind your own Business was luxuriant.

Sponsored Links
... how about a rotavator? that should see it off. Or if not, i'll send my kids round for a week.... they'd turn wembly into a mudbath within hours.....

I've tried turning the stuff over one spit deep. It just comes up laughing. I think it would love being rotavated. I've tried not cutting the grass to smother it but it spreads even faster underneath. I even covered one area with a tarpaulin for a couple of months. When I removed it everything seemed dead, grass and the MYOB. I've cracked it I thought. Two weeks later though, still no grass but luxuriant MYOB.

Maybe if I could borrow your kids for a week though .......

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back