diplomat dishwasher adp8322

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have dioplomat dishwasher adp8322, its only 6 months old, its a present so I dont have any guarantee etc. I hadnt used this dishwasher for a few days, I put it oin the other day only for it to keep flashing and beeping and reverting back to pre-rinse setting. I have tried resetting and making sure there is no blockage.

It looks that this may be a common ailment with this particular model. I AM NOT VERY HAPPY AS i am off sick and having chemo so am not really in the position to be able to spend alot of money. I would be grateful if soewmone could help me, or a telephone number of someone who would not charge £90. regards gaby

Sponsored Links
Can you not get in touch with the person who gave it as a present, they may have the receipt.

no cant do, they have moved to australia and have lost contact regards gaby

have you put salt in it? we had one years ago that did something similar unless the salt reservoir was full

Sponsored Links
There are two 12 digit numbers on a label on the right hand side of the door. Post these numbers here.
The start light will be flashing a code, count the flashes and post the number here.

THANKS VERY MUCH FOR OUR REPLY.

8545 000 15819 330628012715 FLASHING SEVEN TIMES.

KIND REGARDS GAB

OK. Machine was made around July 2006 so no warranty without a receipt.
7 flashes indicates a flow meter failure.
You need to take the machine out to repair it.
Take the left hand side panel off, facing the metering tank, bottom right, disconnect the two wire plug from the flowmeter, clean the pcb contacts with a rubber, tighten the contacts in the plug. Plug it back on and try the machine.

thanks very much for yopur advice, nice to know there is always someone willing to help. I have done everything you said, but it still went back to flashing 7 times. Is there anything else it could be.

kind regards maggi

Nope. Short of changing the metering tank and / or main pcb.
The fault lies with the flowmeter connection, if it's not been cleaned and the plug tightened then it won't work.
Worked on these for 3 years and never had one where I had to change the metering tank or pcb to cure this fault.

thanks again for replying, cant see how you can tighten the plug, it looks so small and I cant see any screws. I am looking at the right thing arent I.

kind regards maggie

thanks again for replying, cant see how you can tighten the plug, it looks so small and I cant see any screws. I am looking at the right thing arent I.

kind regards maggie
Its a 2 wire plug on the bottom right of the metering tank. To tighten the plug connection, squeeze it gently with a pair of pliers, taking care not to crush it.
Clean the edge of the pcb with an eraser.

I did that Sleepyhead and it did not make any difference. Fault is still present (7-flashes, pause, repeat). What now?

I did that Sleepyhead and it did not make any difference. Fault is still present (7-flashes, pause, repeat). What now?

This is my first post - I hope it helps!

This machine has two very poor design features firstly the original pump is rubbish (the impeller simply sheers in half - easy to fix but expensive the replacement is a of a much better design and quality); secondly the control cables are feed down from the control panel to the pumps/sensors via the front door and a protector. The protector is rubbish and breaks easily, once this happens any of the cables is as risk of being worn through - these either become open circuit or short out to the body. This can be very dangerous to to you and disastrous for the control unit! Faults can simply be a broken or damaged cable, so always check this (power off of course!). So replace this part if there is any doubt of its integrity.

Ok to your problem - if all your checks have proved no good then the next step is to test the reed switch on the small PCB located in the metering tank. The PCB is easily removed by gently lifting the tab to the right if the connector and then sliding it out. Reed switches are activated by a magnet and as the water starts to fill the tank you will see a small impeller spin round. This has a small magnet in it and as it passes the reed switch causes the switch to close for a short time. This generates a pulse and this what the control unit is looking for. My reed switch was short circuit - you can test it with multi meter and a magnet; it should high resistance until you place a magnet next to it at which point it closes the contacts together and thus short circuit. if it doesn't change state its faulty. I changed mine for a reed switch out of a house bulgar alarm door contact that i didnt need. Dishwasher working perfectly now! Be very careful though a reed switch has a glass envelop which is very easy to break.

Good luck.

Hi, first post on this forum, I have a Diplomat ADP8322 dishwasher about 8 years old and has worked fine until now, it switches on ok, pumps water out and lets water, it heats water but nothing elas, no beeps and no flashing lights. Any help would be appreciated

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back