please help, whirlpool not spinning

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
my one year old whirlpool will not spin out the water. the clothes come out sopping wet. any ideas?

Sponsored Links
anyone know why its doing this? when it atempts tp spin, it just clicks like its trying to engage but never does.

as i said see this

to reiterate, this is a UK based forum, you are in America, we know next to nothing of your appliances :cry: (Only suggestion clutch shoes)

Sponsored Links
I recently repaired an older Whirlpool with a similar problem. There is a rubber clutch (for lack of a better term) that is positioned between the motor and the transmission. It is engaged by two three-pronged plastic pieces that seem to have been engineered to fail. They slip as they engage and the stress eventually causes them to fracture.

The part cost less than $20 and anyone who can use a screwdriver should be able to do the repair.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back