New doorway cost?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My house has a semi-integral garage to the front of the property and I would like to put a single width access door from the hallway into the back of the garage.

The wall is an internal load-bearing wall of double or cavity thickness and I understand it will need a lintel above the doorway and a fire resistant door.

Although I am fairly OK with most DIY, I am retired now so feel that it might be wise to get a builder in.

Now I don't mind what I pay for a decent job (if I can afford it at all) - but I really hate the thought of being ripped of or of choosing the wrong type of tradesman.

So, what I would like to know is; what a job like this might reasonably cost and what type of company should I select - big or maybe a one man band (I am happy to labour if he takes overall responsibility)

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
small building company or one man band, no prob's.

expect to pay upwards of £700 if it a straightforward job.

i would say £1000 was high end but acceptable. i would expect them to vacuum the house for that though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back