sime boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My sime friendly format 80 e has 2 problems. It fails to ignite when it comes back on automatically, this I believe requires a new pcb, and when heating is on the 'overflow' constantly drips.The pressure gauge shows normal but is high when heating is on. Can anyone help please. :(

Sponsored Links
By the overflow i assume you mean the pressure relief valve (prv) on the boiler?

how high does the pressure go?

also your post is incomplete if the prv is letting water out you will lose pressure at some point and have to keep refilling the system is this the case?

yes I do have to top up occasionally, if the boiler is off, the pressure remains normal, however it rises above the top limit when heating is on. Thanks for responding.

Sponsored Links
drain the boiler
look at the top of the boiler and if you see a car type valve get a tyre guage and check the pressure
should be between 1 and 1.5 bar
if not nick the kids bike pump and go for it
if you press the valve and get water out the membrain has gone
(its sat eve so has mine) :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Sounds like a new igniter pcb. Don't forget that the SIME has two pcb's

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back