Silicon sealer for shower tray

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello
The makers of my new show tray recomend a neutral cure silicon sealant. One they recommend for the trap area is dow corning 794, as it was ok to use there I thought it would be ok to use else where on the shower cabinet. The thing is after several days the stuff is still sticky to the touch and easily wipes off. Can any one recomend a sealer to do the job.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for that but a neutral cure silicon was specified as a acetoxy cure sealer would cause cracking to the surface of the tray.

794 is primarily a window glass sealant. Have you read the instructions? It might be that it takes longer to go off than a normal acetoxy like 785.

What make is the tray? Just out of interest...

Sponsored Links
It's a Coram shower and tray. There were two sealers mentioned on the instruction sheet but I coudn't get them.The Coram instructions on the tray said 794 was the one to use for the waste area as did the Mcalpine waste instructions. I thought if it was good enough for the waste it would be good enough for the rest of it. It's been a few days now and it's still tacky.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back