damp proofing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i've recently gutted my downstairs of my house and my freind who's a plasterer said i should have it damp proofed injected.

i'm skeptical about whether this works and i dont know enough about it really. can someone tell me what is involved, and how much it costs or is there anything else i should do.

i never thought about doing it but he said when it comes to selling in the future you can show a certificate. but is it worth the paper it's written on

Sponsored Links
If you successfully treat the damp you won't need a certificate as it won't come up in the HIP or homebuyer's survey.

make sure that you actually determine that it is rising damp and not something else,if is cavity then you can open it up and clean them out that way you only need to drill and inject the inside skin.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back