Scafolding

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Want to put some around a 3-bed semi as I want the roof relayed and new soffits and guttering. While im at it, will paint all the render again.

What sort of price am I expected to pay?

The front and back are easy, side is a little complicated, due to the roof of the garage/utility which runs alongdie the house. Garage roof is pitched (felted), utility parts is upVC framework with polycarb sheets

Thanks

Sponsored Links
b - last year I had to scaffold only the flank wall on my own house to re-point the brickwork, fix new guttering, paint soffits, etc., also had to do the chimney stack so the scaffold continued up there. All of this had to bridge the pitched slate roof of my garage below. I had the scaffold for a month and it cost £400.

expect to pay upwards of £600.

most decent scaffold companies have a webbed bridge section that is capable of clear spanning 8m or so. speak to your local scaffolder and he will advise.

we had to help the boys on the last 'bridge' we had erected.

Should be around £40 or £50 each linear meter. If the perimeter of your house is 20 meters then. £800 to £1000.

Haggle & Cash ;)

Sponsored Links
I had a quote five weeks ago for a scaffold around an extension - 2.5m out by 4m long and then 2.5m back to the house, with one lift just below eaves level and for no longer than a weekend. It was from one of our contractors who was already working in the area

It was for £426 plus VAT :eek: . I asked how much for cash, he replied "call it £420". I nearly fell off my chair

He must have thought it was for scaffolding the whole street, so obviously with such an error in pricing, I could not let him near the job.

Had someone finally come around to day and had a look

Quote was £560 to include hire for 4weeks, 2 ladder beams to span over utility roof, acro's to support garge roof underneath.

going to get a few more local people in this week hopefully and see if I can get it any cheaper

Off opic slightly, but what membrane should be used and what is the cost roughly per rool (1m x 50m) ???

£560 is a decent price.

be sure to confirm who is responsible for any damage that may occur to the utility roof. scaffolders have rather heavy feet.

we normally repair any 'collateral damage' but as the householder you may not be prepared to stand the cost or the hassle.

Just had another quote of £450 to include 2 tiers to we could paint the house and extended platforms at rood level to stack tiles on.

Just need to see when the roofer will come and do the work

Have you asked the roofer for advise on the scaffolding?

After all, they use it daily & might well know a really good scaffolder that will be even more competitive with the quotes.

Have you asked the roofer for advise on the scaffolding?

After all, they use it daily & might well know a really good scaffolder that will be even more competitive with the quotes.

The £450 quote is from roofers recommendation

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back