Another Front room bay window roof leaking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:(

Hi

I am renting a mid terraced house dating back to c1915. Back in July, thanks to our glorious weather, we had water dripping down the left hand-side window top board (sorry don't know proper term), you now the opposite to the window bottom. Anyhoo, a firm came in and where, I assume, lead strips should have been around the edge of the flat roof they put some kind of grey tape and painted the flat roof with a white paint that apparently reflects the sun!! Now just a couple of months later we have more rain dripping down from the main front window of the bay. There is also a damp patch on the ceiling ~This usually happens when it is windy and raining heavily.

Was the first job done properly or a botch job?

Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Regards

Sponsored Links
Did they park their horses up the road!.
Sounds like a bodge job, i assume you meant the fascia board, the tape was probably flashband and the reflective paint would have done nothing at all if the roof was already leaking. Why don't you call a local recommended roofing company to do the job properly.

Hi js.roofing

Thanks for the confirmation. Pretty much what I thought. I'll make sure a proper job is done now.

Thanks again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back