whistle

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I have permanent whistle from my loft, only goes when I run the hot water and then is returns after 20 mins or so?

have I given enough information for any ideas? is it a diy job or do I call a professional?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Sounds very much like your float valve in your cistern needs attention, i.e cleaning limescale out and changing washer.
For what they cost £3-4 I would renew. ;)

Sponsored Links
noise is coming from the header tank?(big black thing covered in plastic bin liner)....

sleeplessnights said:
noise is coming from the header tank?(big black thing covered in plastic bin liner)....

Thats where you will find your float valve but you may be better asking a plumber to fix as you seem unsure of what is involved ;)

No, it'll be a penny whistle. Spend a penny and it stops.

its ok now...

turns out that the whistle cant be heard over my raws of laughter at your witty 'plumbing humour'.

let me summarise... the Byelaw, oh yes 29 for £1 what a cracker, I must be such a cheapskate to have one of those, how funny...

Stop the press... can this whistle do a song... this is killing me, a song! what a corker, excellent value of a reply.

Hang on its a 'penny whistle', my eyes are streaming, no more please...

Wait up, could it be the toilet door! of course, silly me...

With exception of BAHCO, thanks for the pointless albeit hysterically funny* replies to a polite request for help.

*not

chill out man once bahco told you what was wrong the post is fair game
read some of pedantics rants :LOL:
cant be serious all the time :LOL:
at least we gave you a laugh :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

blimey, i hope I never hold him up in traffic..
sleepless,lay off the caffine mate you sound too high strung ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back