Baxi potterton preforma he 30 - Fault light 50C Fan or Flue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, We had the boiler installed 2yrs ago this month. Recently intermittently the water started to run cold. checking the boiler the flashing neon light is on the 50C neon. I see that this is a fan or flue problem . Phoned baxi up and explained , they said i was only covered for 1 yr ...+3 free month as i had registered with them . Explained only had less than 2 yrs . They have let me take cover out for it but i cant get an engineer until 27 days now . The boiler wont work at all now ...starts up but after about 30 secs , light starts #tarts flashing again . CH wont also work ...Any idea how much this would cost from experience as my mother has offered to pay for someone to come out in the meantime as I don't want me mother stung with a big bill, only its freezing in the house and we have 2 young kids and receive working tax credits .....please can anyone suggest something ....I have since been told I may have been able to have a boiler installed for free due to the working tax credits etc from warmfront . any help greatly appreciated ..alan

Sponsored Links
If you can hear the fan run initially as it starts before fault light then it is very highly likely that it is the air pressure switch that has gone . Take less than half hour to fit and cost 11 quid to buy so don`t let them tell you its an expensive part

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back