Gas central heating staying on all the time!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
morning guys & gals

Im wondering if you could help, Moved into a our current house late last year to find that the gas central heating wasn't working properly (always on at full blast (no hot water) called Brittish gas and was told that the timer & thermostat was faulty. So we had them replaced, All was well but now this weekend i switched on the boiler for the first time and have found that again it seem to be on regardless of what the timer or thermostat are saying. This time we have plenty hot water!! I noticed that even though i turned the thermostat right the way down the heating would stay on then switch off then 10 or so mins later switch on again. Any ideas???
The system i have consists of a pumped system with a Immersion tank and 1 valve at the immersion tank.

Any help would be appreciated. Times are hard and am trying to avoid a large bill

Cheers
J

Sponsored Links
It sounds as if BG misdiagnosed the problem and changed parts without curing the problem!

Its difficult to guess what the actual problem is without being there!

Tony

I would suspect any motorised valve on the ch side that you may have fitted.

Sounds like the microswitch has broken and stuck in the on position.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back