Diplomat electric oven sagging door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, hope someone can help me with the sagging door on my oven. Had it from new 4 years ago and have never had it shut properly, does not stay half open just flops down to the lower level but is not at 90 Degrees, more like 98. Is there any adjustment to sort it out?

Sponsored Links
Sure thing, its a ADP4651/62/70 oven and grill.
The hinge was the same as the thread that was asking how to hook the mechanism out. Title of the thread was Diplomat electric oven door.

Sponsored Links
if it works like my Zanussi oven door, the little plates that you use to block the hinge when you take the door off for cleaning might be in the "remove door" position.

Have a look in the instructions for how to take the door off for cleaning. Try taking it off and refitting it, and verify that you return them from the "remove door" position to the "in service" position.

the instructions will show you.

on mine the hinge has a notch that you can block to prevent the hinges springing all the way back when you want to remove the door. "in Service" means the notch is not blocked. On mine you have to fully open the door to pivot the blocking plate.

that would make sense with the problem you have.

post some photos of your hinges and door if you want anything more particular.

Well after spending a bit more time on the door, it seems that the brackets are a bit bent in the oven. I have managed to get the door to seel but still flops down when opening it. I would think that there was a thicker glass added to the door which makes it heavier. I had this on a Philips model once as the 3mm glass they provided shattered when it reach 220 degrees.

Sorry, kept forgetting about this one.
You need new hinge blocks, this is the part that your hinges slot into.
Yours are bent or damaged and are allowing play in the door.
Part number from MFI Extracare is OHINGECS, and you'll need two off SD1 Hinge Blocks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back