misted DG unit: a solution?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know about a firm called 0845 Glassman? They say they can repair a failed DG unit by making two tiny holes in the glass and injecting something in. It's supposed to be a "revolutionary process" that has come from the US. Has anyone had this done? I'd like to know if it works.

Sponsored Links
I came across this company some time ago when trying to decide on replace or repair for my daughter.

No idea if the claim "The only UK company to REPAIR failed double glazed units" is true or if the system works. Decided to replace windows. FWIW here is the info I found
You may be aware that this company operates as a franchise http://www.modoracle.com/franchising/moreinfo.html?id=82. The website offers a couple of telephone numbers and a PO Box address.

Think someone made some mistakes on the web site - As far as I know Hyde is in Tameside Manchester, not Cheshire as stated and the company telephone area code is Glossop.

Hi Tony
Thanks for your reply. I have just spoken to somebody from 0845GM. They say it doesn't work well for Velux windows, which is what my problem is, and recommended replacement. Also there is nobody doing it in Sheffield apparently.
As for the Tameside question, I come from round there and it used to be in Cheshire. The locals still think of it as Cheshire and use that in their address, not Tameside.

Sponsored Links
Couple of down points for his system:

he can't drill into toughened glass - ruling out repairs to most doors and low level windows

once the unit has been cleaned out, the original problem, 'hole' from where air is entering the unit is not found or blocked

the dessicant in the unit is not replaced so any air coming back into the unit will not have the moisture sucked out.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back